Contact our Customer Services Team

When you first contact us with a concern, we'll do everything we can to get things fixed for you as quickly as possible. We aim to resolve things within three working days although sometimes resolution can take a little longer. We'll keep you fully updated along the way.

You can contact our Customer Services Team at:

Contact our Specialist Complaints Team

If we are unable to resolve your concerns within our Customer Services Team – either because you're not happy with our initial response or if the issues you raised are particularly complicated – you will be referred to our Specialist Complaints Team.

A complaint handler will be assigned to investigate your concerns and take any necessary actions to put things right for you. Your complaint handler will keep you updated throughout this process.

The team aims to resolve all complaints within ten working days of receipt, but we will inform you if it may take longer. You can contact our Complaints Team directly at:

Escalate your concerns

If you are unhappy with the resolution provided by the Complaints Team, your case will be escalated to the Senior Manager. They will review your case and will let you know the outcome. Normally, steps one to three will resolve the issue, but if we can't come to an agreement on how to move forward we will provide you with a letter detailing our final position. We call this a 'deadlock'.

If we have issued you with a deadlock letter, or eight weeks has passed since you first raised the issue, you have the right to refer your complaint to the Ombudsman.

The Energy Ombudsman is a free service and is available to help sort out any disputes between you and your energy supplier. They are an independent body, so you can be assured that their decisions are based on the facts, and that they don't take sides. You don't have to accept their decision but if you do, we are bound by this.

We will write to you to confirm when you are eligible to refer your complaint to the Energy Ombudsman. Their contact details are:

Alternatively, find out more about the Energy Ombudsman by visiting their website at where you can get full details about the services they offer

Consumer Guidance

If you’re having issues with your energy, you can get free, independent advice from Citizens Advice. Whether you’re looking for a better deal, making a complaint, or have an issue with your meter, Citizens Advice provide help and support across the UK. If you live in England or Wales, visit or call free on 0808 223 1133. If you live in Scotland, visit or call free on 0808 196 8660. Find out more in by reading the Know Your Rights leaflet.